Sneha Lakhotia shares her e-Portfolio experience
On 28th September, 2015 , A Seminar on e-Portfolio was held at Arena Multimedia – Park Street under the guidance of Somnath Sir. He shared his view and opinion on e-Portfolio and also discussed the benefits & importance of an e-Portfolio. Here, I want to share and discuss about what is an e-Portfolio…..
e-Portfolio is an electronic portfolio i.e. it is a medium to communicate and showcase skills, experience and learning. In simple way we can say, that it is a way of presenting oneself online.
In an e-Portfolio we can showcase our best work to present evidence of our expertise and accomplishments to a specific audience such as an employer or teacher. An e-Portfolio is a process of learning to achieve our desired goals and activities and also encourage detailed learning through collaboration and reflection. Creating an e-Portfolio is a professional and educational opportunity. It can also prepare you for your Job.
Four steps you should follow to prepare your work and information:
- Start collecting the experience of your life i.e. the work you have done or thoughts which have been written down. The collection becomes your personal database.
- Give time to yourself and think who you are and what you want to be. Identify your goals it may be short –term or long-term and come up with action plans.
- Follow your plans.
- Prepare your work and reflection, and put them in your database.
An e-Portfolio consist of four different sections:
- Profile: Personal details, short description about yourself, values and beliefs, Interest and hobbies.
- Summary: Target audience, Purpos, Goals and Action Plans.
- Showcase: Show work and share experiences and also organise them with description and reflection.
- Qualifications: Educational Background, Scholarships, Awards, Co-curricular Activities, Work Experience and other information.
Overall the Seminar was beneficial to all the Students and we understood the Scenario of e-Portfolio that we intend to implement in our near future.
Thanks to Sir , for conducting this Seminar.